American College of Surgeons – North Texas Chapter
Established in 1952 for the Fellows of the North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
Welcome to the website for the North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. The North Texas Chapter provides a vehicle from which local Fellows, Associate Fellows, Residents, Medical Students and Affiliate Members may more closely interact with the College. The Mission of the North Texas Chapter is to be the forum for surgeons and surgeons-in-training to engage with each other and the American College of Surgeons.
To carry out the goals of our mission, the North Texas Chapter:
- hosts an annual meeting each February that not only allows residents to present their data alongside nationally recognized experts, but also provides essential CME credits for practicing surgeons. Highlights of the meeting include the Annual Resident Paper Competition, Resident Surgical Jeopardy and Ethics Lecture.
- works in conjunction with the South Texas Chapter to advocate for surgeons of all specialties across the state of Texas thru Annual State Lobby Days.
- reaches out across surgical specialties for improved communication between disciplines.
- promotes cooperation with civic groups, third party payers and state government agencies.
- supports College activities through its association with The Committee on Trauma and the Commission on Cancer.
Your involvement with the North Texas Chapter brings you closer to the College. Your support of the chapter helps us carry out our mission.
2018 Annual Meeting
Save The Date! – 2019 Annual Meeting